Makes about 4 (8 oz) half pints.
Yield may vary depending on the amount of sweetener and type of sweetener being used.
Create Low-Sugar jam with the Ball®
FreshTECH™ Automatic Jam & Jelly Maker and Ball®
RealFruit™ Low or No-Sugar Needed Pectin. Add your fresh ingredients and it does the rest in under 30 minutes! For more berry flavor, try our No-Sugar Recipe
You will need:
3-2/3 cups crushed berries (about 1 1/2 lbs or five 6-oz containers)
3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit® Low or No-Sugar Needed Pectin
1/2 tsp butter or margarine
Up to 1 cup granulated sugar, sugar substitute, or honey
Mixed Berry Variation:
- CLEAN berries by rolling back and forth in an open towel. If dirt is obvious on berries, rinse carefully in cool running water and drain thoroughly. Crush berries one layer at a time using a potato masher. Measure required quantity of crushed berries and remaining ingredients for your recipe; set aside.
- SPRINKLE pectin evenly over bottom of the Pot fitted with the Stirrer. Add crushed berries evenly over pectin. Add butter/margarine to help reduce foaming.
- PRESS jam button – the cook time will automatically default to 21 minutes. Press enter.
- WAIT 4 minutes for appliance to sound 4 short beeps indicating that it is time to add sweetener. Add sugar, sugar substitute or honey gradually while Stirrer continues running. Place the Glass Lid on the Pot.
- THE APPLIANCE will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks. Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker, the appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling jam cooking is complete. Press cancel, unplug the appliance and immediately remove Glass Lid.
- REMOVE Stirrer using a pot holder. Skim foam, if necessary, from top of jam.
- PRESERVE jam immediately, using 1 of the 3 ways listed here.
Crushed mixed berries (any combination of strawberries, raspberries, and/or blackberries that yields 3-2/3 cups). Prepare fruit as directed in Step 1, and follow above recipe instructions.
You will need: